Let's Look at Some
Log Home Basics
Click Here for a Picture Gallery
Log Homes are for those who want something a little different.
· Real Log Homes offers
many different log styles - 47 to be exact from hand peeled to dove tail
to Swedish cope to D-V- groove inside.
· Home plans can be picked from a $10 plan book, magazine, or your paper
napkin. We will modify them on our in-house computer aid design program
(CAD) and allow you to have a walk through to make any last minute adjustments.
· Logs come
in various thicknesses and heights, and their cost will vary directly
to the size of the log.
·Building cost including foundations: Example of 1,200 sq. ft.: Conventional
Homes $55-$65/ sq. ft., $72,000; Custom Conventional $65-$90/ sq. ft.,
$92,000; Owner-built Log Home $50-$65/sq. ft., $71,000; Contracted Log
Home $80- $100/sq. ft., $110,000.
|Construction & Financing
· Our homes are usually
assembled by an experienced network of contractors who will do all or
any part of the process.
· Typically, 25% of our homes are assembled by the homeowner and their
"helpers". We monitor each stage of the progress and assist in offering
options so you end up with the home of your dreams.
· It takes about 1 hour to build a square foot of home (i.e. 1200 sq.
ft. = 1,200 hours of labor).
· Additional cost to the house will include: Lot ?? Well or Water (+ or-$1,500),
Septic $3,000 to $10,000, Driveways $10- $12/ ft., other excavation $1,500,
Electric First < 120 ft. n/c then $4-$6/ ft. Financing Cost 4-8 % of what
you are borrowing.
· We have many local
banks we have worked with over the years and several financial institutions
that specialize in log home construction.
· You can allow 28% of your monthly gross income to be spent for housing
but not more than 36% of your total gross income can be spent on indebtedness
including housing cost.
· An example of a mortgage at 8% for 30 years: $587.02 borrows $ 80,000,
$880.53 borrows $ 120,000
· If one extra monthly payment per year is made, the mortgage will be
paid off in 22-23 years.